Tuesday, April 2, 2019

100 Day Project, Day 1

Man, it's been awhile since I've written anything. It's strange to look back on this year and only see a handful of posts and while it makes me kind of sad to know all the stuff we've been up to isn't recorded it's also been a huge weight off of my shoulders to just let it go. That said, I am going to try to blog on a somewhat regular basis. What that is remains to be seen, but today is as good a day as any to start. :)

I came across an interesting idea/topic on Instagram sometime last year called the 100 Day Project and when it popped up in my feed again this year I decided I might want to give it a try. I honestly couldn't decide what I wanted my project to be as there are a million things I'd like to try, but I ultimately settled on something I was comfortable with, felt pennies.

My mom introduced me to the idea of making felt pennies a few years ago and I immediately enjoyed the process. It's simple, requires few and very basic materials (scissors, thread, felt cut into various size circles) and a single penny can be finished top to bottom in a matter of minutes. The only dilemma I face is what to actually do with the finished pieces. I'm hoping that over the course of the next 100 days I'll be able to create 100 unique pennies and also think of a way to use them in my home.

After looking at the projects others have made or are working on I have to admit that I feel very intimidated and unsure of myself but not enough that I'm not willing to give this thing a go. I will be posting my pieces on Instagram as I go along and hopefully here as well as I think it'll be fun to look at all the different pennies created.

Here is my day 1:



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...