Saturday, January 12, 2019

Lea Turns Nine

Last Sunday we celebrated Lea's 9th birthday. They had a family only party at their house so it was a nice, quiet evening which we really enjoyed. Before leaving Tony said something about this being Lea's halfway to adulthood birthday and I realized I'd never thought of it that way before. I was thinking how this was her last birthday in the single digits (and Harper will be 9 this year as well) and how the two of them would be in 4th grade next year, but to say halfway to adulthood?! That's just a little depressing.

Lori told me that Lea enjoyed playing board games, especially ones requiring strategy. So, I ordered her the game Haba Karuba after reading some positive reviews online. Fingers crossed she likes it!


Lori made two homemade ice cream cakes and both were really good! 



We mostly stood around eating and chatting and the kids had fun running around playing. It was a nice evening and I'm really glad we were able to be there to celebrate Lea's birthday. 


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...