Tuesday, April 2, 2019

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning. 

I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how it was April 1st and therefore a day to fool people. A minute or two went by and Dakota came upstairs, pointed out the window and said "Mom, Look!" Of course, I looked and that was when she (very proudly) exclaimed "Made ya look! April Fools!"

Yup. She got me alright. 

As we were on our way out the door to head to the bus Harper pointed at the ground and said "Mom! Look!" You might guess that I'd have learned my lesson but if you guessed that, you'd be wrong. Instead, I looked exactly where he was pointing on the ground and he very excitedly yelled "April Fools!" 

I didn't really have it in my heart to explain why their April Fools jokes didn't really work especially given how happy they were with themselves. It makes me laugh now just thinking about how devilish they imagined they were being! As Harper was boarding the bus he looked up at me and said "I know you won't be able to fool me today, I'll be expecting anything you do". 

Challenge accepted, buddy.

So, while those rugrats were at school, I hot glued some coins to the ground in front of the garage. 


My little trick nearly didn't work when Harper didn't notice the coins but once I'd pointed them out, he was toast! I got him! In the video you'll hear Dakota say "April Fools" and I was surprised she didn't fall for it! Smarty pants. Once they realized they were glued to the ground they were just going to leave them there but I told them if they could get them up they could keep them...and they were all up off the concrete in a jiffy! 

I also made brownies for dessert last night...


And, I short-sheeted Landon's bed but didn't take any pictures. Since he NEVER makes his bed I had to change his sheets (something he does, not me) for him and remake his bed. I told him I thought I'd be nice and do his bed for once since I was already washing everyone else's sheets and doing so gave me the opportunity to mess with him. I was so proud of myself and this morning I couldn't wait to ask him about it! But, for whatever reason, he didn't even notice!!! What the hell!? Totally ruined my day. I went in his room and looked at his sheets and they were back to normal so I don't know if he's messing with me and did notice or he did notice and when he saw they were messed up, fixed them and is just not giving me my glory. Who knows. 

If you don't know what short-sheeting is, search it on YouTube. 

My prank on Tony was telling him I'd make dinner. We both laughed at that one and went on about our business. :) 







No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...