Sunday, February 11, 2018

Creepin' My Way to 100 Days

The kids' 100th day of school is coming up this week. The kindergarten classes are supposed to make and wear a 100th day of school shirt and since I was going to be making Dakota one I thought I'd go ahead and make Harper one too.

Harper loves all things Minecraft so when I saw this 100 day Minecraft shirt on Pinterest I decided that was the route to go.

I picked up a roll of green foil iron-on as well as a green glitter iron on. I had some black leftover from a previous project. I have to say that the glitter iron on is much thicker and much easier to use. The foil kept wanting to peel up and was much harder to make look nice.


Also, you have to be careful to cut the iron-on on the correct side or you'll end up having to re cut everything...don't even ask me how I know this. Oh, and one more tidbit, be sure to put the iron on down on your fabric the right way or you might iron it to the press cloth instead of the project. I'm as much a work in progress as this shirt was! 


I was really starting to like the way the shirt was coming out despite my mistakes. You can see there were some squares that moved while I was ironing but I pressed on despite my lacking ironing skills. (See what I did there with the pressed on!)


Here's the completed shirt. I love how the foil and glitter look together! I think it'll look really cool when he wears it as the color kind of changes with movement. 



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...