Sunday, October 1, 2017

Hello, October

How is it October already? I mean seriously.

It was quite chilly here again this morning, a perfect morning for warm socks and hot tea. We had things to do today but we were able to get outside and enjoy the weather some too. Tony and I had to get to Men's Warehouse to get him a suit for Zoe and Brandon's wedding. We were there quite a bit longer than I'd hoped but he does have a nice suit that fits now. We ended up buying pants, a jacket, a vest, shoes and two ties. All we need now is to decide what color shirt to go with it. We had the two little kids with us and despite the long wait, they were really good. While Tony waited to pay for the stuff, the kids and I ran over to Target to get a few things then we all went to Newk's for lunch.

While in Target the kids just HAD to go poke around the Halloween costumes and try on a few of the big animal heads they've got out this year.




And these masks too:


After lunch Tony took the kids to play at a playground while my mother in law and I went to do some shopping. We went to Target (I forgot a couple things) and then Kohl's. By the time we were done shopping it looked like we were getting ready for Christmas! I went to Kohls to try to find something for Harper to wear to the wedding and I finally found something cute for him. I decided on a vest for him instead of suit coat and went with gray instead of black. I love the pattern of the tie with the shirt too! I had to order him pants though because they didn't have any in gray in his size. I sure hope they get here soon and fit!


I started cleaning out Dakota's closet and dresser drawers today, making room for the fall stuff and making piles of the summer stuff. Piles for donations, piles for trash, piles to see if she fits it next year. I've got to do Harper's room tomorrow and then I need to do a little more weeding in my own closet.

Tony decided to make some homemade chicken and dumplings for dinner and I declared it movie night as well. I told the kids we had to watch something "scary" in honor of October, so we watched Corpse Bride. Not really scary, but dark and appropriate for the month I thought!


Dakota was bored about five minutes in and decided to break open her new Soda Shoppe toy. She and Tony worked on the concoctions while we watched the movie and then Dakota shared them with us. They were terrible! The kids seemed to like them but I was totally grossed out!



Happy October! 



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...