Tuesday, October 10, 2017

National Walk to School Day

October is busy for us. It pretty much begins and ends with a bang and it's all I can do to keep up. I've been trying to do at least one post per day each month (even if it means massive catching up) and I'm hoping this won't be the month I drop the ball. So, be prepared for a flurry of posts...


The kids celebrated National Walk to School Day last week. They are bus riders but really wanted to participate so I drove them up to the school and parked at the end of the field so that they could walk in. Their gym teacher, as well as some of the other teachers, were out there welcoming the kids and keeping an eye on them until it was time to walk to the school. 

I hung out with them until it was time to walk in but I could tell Dakota was a bit anxious about the change in routine so as soon as the teachers said it was time to walk up, I said my goodbye's. I didn't want Dakota to change her mind and freak out when I left so I made the quickest exit possible and she did fine. She has a really hard time when we change things up on her but she did great this time!


National Walk to School Day was a success and is in the books for 2017! 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...