Monday, October 8, 2018

Fortnite Skate Party

Harper was invited to one of his classmates birthday parties last weekend. It was being held at our local skating rink and when I told him about it, Dakota overheard and was ecstatic because she loves to skate. I figured it'd be fine since I could just rent her some skates and let her roll around while Harper skated with his friends but the mom told me that they were actually renting the whole place for the party so no one else would be able to purchase tickets. But, she also told me that Dakota was also welcome to come which I thought was very generous and meant that I didn't have to break the bad news to Dakota.


It was a Fortnite themed skating party but since my kids aren't really into Fortnite we just went for the skating. Fortnite is a HUGE deal for most kids right now but for whatever reason neither of mine have been interested. Since it's a first person shooting game I'm not too worried about their lack of interest and only hope that the thrill of it will die down and my kids won't ask to play it. Ever. But, the chances of that are slim and I know it.


Anyways, some of the kids came dressed as their favorite characters from the games and the party favor was a really cool hat, also game themed.



Fortnite llama pinata character cake; super cute! This thing was HUGE! It probably would have served 100 people easily. I didn't have any but the kids seemed to enjoy it!



* The kids had a great time at the birthday party but I wanted to write a little about how awesome Harper was. There were several kids there that couldn't skate (at all) and Harper was so patient with a few of his friends, encouraging them and staying with them while they did their best. He never skated too far ahead and chose to stick nearby to assist or give advice when they wanted or needed it. I could see him chatting away while they clung to the wall and then eventually trying to not hang on while sliding their feet slowly back and forth, back and forth...I loved seeing him be so kind towards the other kids and know that his kindness helped make them more comfortable and willing to keep going. 




No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...