Monday, October 8, 2018

Six Flags

Last Sunday we drove out to Six Flags to renew our season passes for next year and to see the park all decorated for Halloween. We got there around 11:30 and wondered why it was so empty and only realized it was because the park didn't open until noon when we got to the long line at the gates. Oops. It was quite warm out and the kids were grumpy about waiting in line but it wasn't long before we were in and checking out the Halloween decor.




After a quick lunch the kids wanted to ride the teacups which had been draped in black curtains and renamed Terror Twist for the holiday. They ended up riding twice in a row; I guess the simple change of appearance and music made it more fun!



The next ride was the Ragin' Cajun; another twisty, turny ride. (I didn't ride anything. I'm not sure if or when I will again since my neck issues earlier this year, but I'm really not sad about it.)




We walked over to the wooden coaster to see if Dakota was tall enough and for reasons I can't remember we didn't end up going on. I think it was because the kids asked to find the playground because they wanted to run around a bit, but honestly, I can't remember. I love it when they're walking and one of them reaches for the others hand and they end up holding hands!!


We noticed that one of the shows was about to begin as we were walking by so we ducked in and found some seats in the shade. We weren't there long though because the shows are TERRIBLE! I mean, really, really bad. 

It isn't really the acting or singing that is bad but the show itself is just boring. I think if they just focused more on the voice or acting talent they could make it way better, but for now, their shows are pretty bad. (The guy with the hairy werewolf arms has a really great voice, by the way.) 


In one of the Six Flags emails I got earlier that week I saw that they had lots of fall flavored desserts in the park and I told Tony I thought we should at least try one. So, while everyone was in the bathroom I hopped in line to wait for a funnel cake topped with Snickers bar! Oh. My. God. It was good. He and I split one while the kids ate Dippin' Dots and we ate the whole damned thing!


The kids weren't really into riding much else and we had to leave by 4 anyways because we were going to my mother-in-laws for dinner so we started to make our way to the front after having our treats. But, as we were headed that way we remembered the the kids trick-or-treat area was open so we swung by there before heading out. At the front the kids are given a small bag and then they can trick-or-treat through a small decorated building. The employee's handing out the candy are dressed up just a little and very nice to the kids, wishing them a happy Halloween as they pass by.




It was a nice afternoon and I'm hoping we can go one more time in November/December for their Holiday in the Park, which we've never made it to before.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...