Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Initial Cookie Order Pick Up & Waugh Chapel Fall Fest

I agreed to help our troop cookie manager pick up cookies on October 20th because our initial order was so large it wouldn't all fit in a single vehicle. It actually took three van/suv's to get them all to her house and they insist that you pick up all at once and cannot make trips which makes it even a little bit harder than it already is. But, we got all of our boxes loaded up and delivered to her house in under an hour so it worked out fine.


We got all the boxes unloaded and organized and then I headed over to Waugh Chapel for lunch and their fall fest. I wasn't sure how long the cookie pick-up/delivery was going to take so Tony and the kids met me over at Firehouse Subs for lunch. I don't know what it is about that place that my kids love so much but they had been asking to eat there for awhile and we finally caved.


The fall festival is held between a strip of stores in a shopping center. There are all kinds of shops there, like White House Black Market, SnipIt's and Mission Escape as well as places to eat like Red Robin and Houlihans to name a few. Some of the stores and restaurants have little tables set up where you can learn more about their business and spin a wheel to win a prize but I was surprised how many weren't participating at all. It seems like a great way to garner some new business as the festival gets pretty busy. 

There are some activities for the kids to do like decorate a pumpkin (they supply everything needed) and there was a game of  Zap the Zombies and make lollipop ghosts. There were also a few balloon twisters and some face painters available at no cost. 




The line for the balloon twister was pretty long so I stood in line while Tony took the kids around to do other activities. As you can see Dakota was wearing her Day of the Dead face stickers but since she loves having her face painted I suggested she ask the person to do something around her mouth to match the stickers around her eyes. I about died laughing when she came back!! 


She was embarrassed and it was fortunate I had wipes in my purse to get the paint back off! That goatee make me laugh every time I see this picture though! Poor baby. 

When we'd taken the purple mistake off her face it was time for her to get her twisted balloon. The balloon guy was making some really cool stuff and I was excited to see what Dakota would choose. We talked about possibilities and I have to admit I was a little pissed I'd waited in line for over 30 minutes and she chose a pumpkin. I mean, really? I could have done that myself. She was happy with her decision though so whatever. 


Harper really didn't care about getting a balloon but I saw some kids walking around with a cool looking alien so I asked the balloon dude to make one for him. It turned out really cool!








No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...