Saturday, December 1, 2018

Thanksgiving Day, Day 6

The weather on Thanksgiving morning was just gorgeous. After another slow morning rising and shining, the kids and Meme made their way outside for a little bit. Meme was raking up some of the gazillion leaves on the driveway and the kids were waiting for a pile to jump into helping. :)


Kyle turned up with his dogs pretty early that morning though and soon everyone was in the backyard playing ball. 


After some nice outside time though it was time to get back inside and start getting all the food ready for our early Thanksgiving meal. We planned to eat around two and for the first time ever (I think) we were sitting and eating at 2. Mom makes a terrific meal and we all enjoyed and appreciated it very much. Tony made three pies for dessert and we all loved those as well. 


Pecan, Pumpkin and an Apple this year.


I don't know what it is exactly, maybe the way Landon completely avoids and ignores the dogs, but Dutch and Bella absolutely loved him! They would follow and jump on him every opportunity they got! When they saw him eating they just had to get up and get some love! Right there at the dinner table!



We didn't do anything like we have in years past like writing down what we're thankful for, or make any kind of video, but we still enjoyed one another and I know that we're all thankful to have one another. I know that my kids will forever have the most wonderful memories of visiting my parents home at Thanksgiving. It's something they look forward to every year and we really make an effort to continue this tradition as much as possible. It pains me to think that this will end someday, even though I know it is inevitable. The kids will grow up (even more) and lives will get busy and things will change. But, I am thankful for each and every year I get to have with my people. I'm really hoping that Zoe and Brandon will be able to visit with us again next year...things sure are different when they aren't around. 


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...