Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Goucher College

I went on a field trip with Zoe's 8th grade class today...whoa! We had to be at the school by 8:55 and the buses left around 9:25 or so. It's been awhile since I was on a bus! It was about a 40min. ride or so...we went to the college to see 5 mini plays. The first was Edgar Allen Poe's Tell-Tale Heart, the kids seemed to like it least, and I think it was my least favorite also. 2nd was The Legend of Sleepy Hollow...it was much better than the first...3rd was The Monkey's Paw; it was pretty good too. The last two plays were probably my favorite, and I don't know the names of either of them! ( I will try to figure it out!)

I can't believe how much different 8th graders are now from when I was in 8th grade...yeah, I know that was quite awhile ago but these kids seem so much bigger (many taller than me!), and well, just so different. The kids sitting behind me were terribly rude during the show, kicking the seat (by accident, but still) talking loudly and using the F word (at least 3 times that I heard). Zoe and all the girls in my group (10 total) were really well behaved, thank goodness, but there were definately some tough kids out there. I certainly wouldn't want to be a middle school teacher, I've always heard that is the toughest age group to work with and I believe it! I am rethinking being a chaperone for Zoe's trip to Kings Dominion...it is ALL DAY from 7am to 11pm and a 2 hour (coach) bus ride! Yikes!

1 comment:

susan and sometimes aaron said...

two blogs you say!?! i've been doing the same thing, but i don't think the family ever reads this one. so i post to myspace as well. now i have another blog to add to my blogroll!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...