Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July 2008

I woke up with a nasty sore throat on the one day in July when all the doctor's offices are closed. Go figure. So, I had to make an appointment at Nighttime and get it checked out. I was afraid it was strep and I didn't want to get anyone sick. A rapid strep test showed that it wasn't strep but just an annoying sore throat...nothing they could cure, so I just had to take some ibuprofen and deal with it. Three Amigo's So, after my doctors appointment we headed over to my parents house in Virginia for the rest of the day. We got over there around 3 or so, went to an early dinner and then out to the fireworks stand to pick up some explosives for the evening.Waiting in line...he sure doesn't look happy! We ended up staying the night at their house because in the morning we were all going to head up to Delaware and then go to Rehobeth beach for a day or two. It ended up being my parents, Jaron and us, and we had a pretty good time despite the frigid water and overcast skies.Yes, that is a dumpster behind us! LOL! Tony and I had to turn around and drive back home on Sunday afternoon because he had to get back to work on Monday, so it was a short stay and my parents drove back here on Monday with the kids (lucky us!). Once they got here on Monday we thought it would be fun to go to Six Flags for the day since I have season passes and we had bring a friend for free passes too. So, we all spent the day playing at the water park. Zoe really wanted to ride the roller coasters, but Jaron just isn't into that, so she (reluctantly) decided to just make the most of the water park and ended up having  a great time!

2 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Sounds like a great time even though you were a bit under the weather.

ValAnn said...

Sounds like the business was still fun! Great pictures of the weekend!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...