Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When life gives you lemons...

IMG_0197 Today was a day spent at the mall shopping at Modell's for soccer goods. Both kids needed cleats, socks and guards. We sure do spend a lot of $$ on soccer stuff. Our bill today was over $120 and I haven't even signed Landon up yet! Zoe was wearing a size 7 1/2 cleat, but today she got size 8 1/2's; maybe this is the reason she has blisters...uh, hello! You gotta tell me when your shoes are too tight...lol.

                                                                                                       Since Zoe was off to practice/camp yet again, IMG_0203 Landon and I decided to bake a cake. We picked a Lemon Chiffon Cake out of a Taste of Home magazine. It wasn't the easiest cake to make, but it was fun. He really likes to help and he is actually learning something at the same time. IMG_0213

He is really getting the hang of measuring things and he's getting better and better about cracking the eggs. The cake was good but the frosting was amazing! I love lemon flavor and this definitely tasted lemony. It was sweet yet tart; perfect!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...