Fondue and a Movie (or 2)
A timeline (sort-of) of our weekend:
- 11am we head to the mall.
- Eat lunch at Wendy's
- 12-1:30pm; Help kids buy gifts for each other as well as for Tony and myself
- 1:30pm; Go see the movie The Tale of Despereaux; it was a cute movie, but not something I would buy or watch again. The kids were so-so about it.
- 3-4 finish shopping, head home
- Kids pack bags to spend the night at Mema's
- 5pm Tony drops kids off at Mema's
- 6:15-10pm; we head out to dinner at The Melting Pot with 3 other couples, we have a wonderful time!
- 10-12pm; watch the movie Hancock. I didn't like it, I thought the love story part wasn't necessary at all...wouldn't recommend it.
- 9:30am; finally get out of bed
- 10am; Tony goes Christmas shopping, I begin endless housework
- 12; still doing housework (laundry, changing sheets, sweeping floors, cleaning bathrooms, clean out refrigerator...seriously endless)
- 2pm; Tony comes home to wrap gifts, kids come home, getting close to collapsing from cleaning all day
- 2:30-3:30pm; helping kids wrap their presents (yes, this really took an hour for them to wrap 3 presents each and Landon complained of cramps in his neck after just the first 2)
- 4pm; everyone sitting making MORE ornaments
- 5pm; dinner
- 6:30 pm; Home Alone (the original) my kids love these movies, especially Landon...hopefully he won't ever try any of these great bad-guy catching ideas!
- 8pm; Landon in bed
- 9pm; Zoe upstairs relaxing
- 9:15pm; me trying to think of all the things I need to remember to do tomorrow while Tony happily plays lotro.
Well, that is our weekend in a nutshell. It sure doesn't "look" like a busy weekend written out this way, but I assure you my head is still spinning!