Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fondue and a Movie (or 2)

A timeline (sort-of) of our weekend:

Saturday:

  • 11am we head to the mall.
  • Eat lunch at Wendy's
  • 12-1:30pm; Help kids buy gifts for each other as well as for Tony and myself
  • 1:30pm; Go see the movie The Tale of Despereaux; it was a cute movie, but not something I would buy or watch again. The kids were so-so about it.
  • 3-4 finish shopping, head home
  • Kids pack bags to spend the night at Mema's
  • 5pm Tony drops kids off at Mema's
  • 6:15-10pm; we head out to dinner at The Melting Pot with 3 other couples, we have a wonderful time!
  • 10-12pm; watch the movie Hancock. I didn't like it, I thought the love story part wasn't necessary at all...wouldn't recommend it.

IMG_2082

Sunday:

  • 9:30am; finally get out of bed
  • 10am; Tony goes Christmas shopping, I begin endless housework
  • 12; still doing housework (laundry, changing sheets, sweeping floors, cleaning bathrooms, clean out refrigerator...seriously endless)
  • 2pm; Tony comes home to wrap gifts, kids come home, getting close to collapsing from cleaning all day
  • 2:30-3:30pm; helping kids wrap their presents (yes, this really took an hour for them to wrap 3 presents each and Landon complained of cramps in his neck after just the first 2)
  • 4pm; everyone sitting making MORE ornaments

IMG_2089

IMG_2091

  • 5pm; dinner
  • 6:30 pm; Home Alone (the original) my kids love these movies, especially Landon...hopefully he won't ever try any of these great bad-guy catching ideas!
  • 8pm; Landon in bed
  • 9pm; Zoe upstairs relaxing
  • 9:15pm; me trying to think of all the things I need to remember to do tomorrow while Tony happily plays lotro.

Well, that is our weekend in a nutshell. It sure doesn't "look" like a busy weekend written out this way, but I assure you my head is still spinning!

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

Wow what a busy weekend you had. It seems nice though. I keep thinking of cookies or candy I still want to make. LOL Well at least Mitch is here safe and sound. Now we'll see about getting Noah to Milwaukee.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...