Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Soccer Banquet

 IMG_1790altered Last night we all went to Zoe's soccer banquet. The banquet was held at Michael's 8th Avenue, the same place that Tony and I got married! It was kind of weird going back there, but Tony and I laughed thinking about it. It seems completely different to me now than it did then. Any ways...the banquet lasted about 2 hours. One hour for eating and one for speeches/awards. Zoe did receive a certificate noting that her GPA was a 3.25 or better (hers is about 3.8 right now) and the coaches talked about how proud they were that the girls could commit themselves to their schoolwork as well as their sports and excel in both. I know that Zoe is a hard worker in all that she does and I am very proud of all that she accomplishes. I could learn a lot from her! IMG_1769 Landon went with us last night, and he behaved so well! I'll have to remember that if we do this again next year that he will need a babysitter. It was super boring for him, but I was really happy that he behaved himself while we were there. He did find one thing to amuse himself though and that was to keep asking the lady at the bar for sodas...and then he discovered that he could watch the speeches in the mirror, and somehow that kept him happy for awhile! I thought it was kinda funny that he stood there watching everything in the mirror, but I didn't dare bother him!

2 comments:

Carmen O. said...

That's so cool that Landon could amuse himself! Zoe sounds like an awesome student, it would be nice if Noah could get better. He found out that a skate park lets you in for free if you get good grades. So right now that's his motivation, I hope.

Nnairda's said...

Wow...Smart and athletic! You go mom and Zoe!!!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...