Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Recap

We tend to eat dinner out every Friday night. It is generally the only night of the week that we don't cook, so we are always looking for new places to go. We decided it had been long enough since our last visit to The Cheesecake Factory, so that's where we headed. We got there just before 5 so that we would miss the crowds and that turned out to be the perfect time, because we didn't have any wait time whatsoever!! The food was great, and I won't even begin to talk about the cheesecake, but man that is one loud restaurant!

Saturday morning I got up and finished packing for my day of scrapping at Kim's house. Dawn picked me up and we got out to Kim's around 11. After a couple hours we decided to check out a scrapbook store that's just up the road from Kim' and I am already trying to plan my next trip out there! It was so nice, and they had so many things that the store near here doesn't carry. I didn't get home from Kim's until about 7, but when I got home there was a big surprise waiting for me! Tony had decided to clear out our bedroom closet, take all the shelves out, patch/sand/paint all before I got home!! It was great! We had to get up Sunday and put the 2nd coat of paint on and re-hang the shelves, but it is looking so much better already! I can't wait until it's finished.

After working on the closet for most of the morning and afternoon on Sunday we didn't do much else (there wasn't any time left!). Tony had a soccer game at 5pm and then he and I met with 4 other couples for dinner at Sakura's. We had such a great time, we all laughed so much and our cook was awesome! He just had a funny personality and kept us going throughout the entire dinner. I think next month we are planning on something a little less expensive and someone mentioned Cracker Barrel. I haven't been there since last summer, so that sounds good to me, but the closest one to us is about an hour away so we'll see!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...