Saturday, June 20, 2009

Glass Etching

This morning we all got up and took a glass etching class. We decided to take this class purely because Landon was able to do it with us. He always gets left out of these things, but not today!

IMG_5580

IMG_5582

IMG_5581

IMG_5584

In the above photo’s, you can kind of see that Landon used a lighthouse stencil while Zoe chose an elephant, Tony a tree and I chose the sun. After we used our little “picking” tool (I don’t know what it’s called!) to pick out the parts we were supposed too, the instructor applied an acid to the designs, which etched our image to the glass.

IMG_5585

Once they set for 15 minutes, they dumped the excess acid into a bowl, then washed our glass with water and baking soda (i think), rinsed and then handed us the finished product to dry.

IMG_5586

I (like an idiot) forgot to get pictures of the finished etchings…so, I’ll have to post them later!  This was a really fun and easy project. Landon needed little assistance and Zoe didn’t need any extra help at all!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...