Monday, October 5, 2009

Play that Funky Music

I’ve been meaning to find this picture of Zoe. I’ve been wanting to find it because in my mind, I can remember her practicing her instrument at the kitchen table after school, with her itty bitty glasses and snaggle tooth smile. Too bad the only pictures I have of her actually playing are at her concerts! (I sure wish I had some Photoshop skills to clean up this picture a bit! I just wasn’t into taking a zillion pictures a day like I am now, so really this is the best one I’ve got!)

9 

Way back when she was in the third grade (2003!) she really wanted to play the violin. She played for the entire third grade year, but she hated practicing so much that she gave it up. She had a hard time with the concept that to play an instrument well, you had to practice. It didn’t end up being all that she had hoped, but I was proud of her for giving it a try.

Now, fast forward to 2009 and Landon also wanted to be in band.

IMG_7199

He chose the viola, because, well, why not? He and his friend decided that they would both play the viola, sit in the back row (in case they weren’t any good) and have a great time. So far, it seems like they are having fun with it. Landon likes to practice and he loves Tuesdays and Wednesdays because those are the two days he has band!

I wish I knew then what I know about capturing these important moments. Just the regular day to day stuff that we all take for granted…after all, they just don’t last very long.

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

That's so cool that Landon loves band! They really start band young by you. Ours had to do it in 6th grade or take music appreciation. I'm so glad they both took up an instrument. Mitch the Clarinet and Noah the trumpet. Mitch played a couple of years. Noah only one, but that may have been in part because we moved to Toledo.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...