For my birthday this year, the kids both decided it would be the perfect day for them to get sick and stay home from school. At this very moment both of them are lying on the couch watching a movie, something I thought I might do today…oh-well.
Instead of whining about what I could have done today, I’ll use this time to list 33 things that are making me happy right now.
- My wonderful, caring, sweetheart of a husband. Not only does he go to work every day to take care of us, he’s also an excellent cook, a great soccer player, a dedicated student and a terrific father and friend. What more could I ask for?
- Zoe. Not only is Zoe one of the smartest, most dedicated students I have ever encountered, she is also a super soccer player and remarkably beautiful. Inside and out. I am lucky to be able to call her my daughter.
- Landon. I am so proud to have such a sweet, caring little boy. A boy who does his absolute best in school, on the soccer/baseball field as well as at home. I am very lucky to be able to call him my son.
- My parents. Being a parent myself certainly makes me appreciate all the grief I put them through as a teen. I recognize now how great they were while I was growing up, and how they were always behind me, rooting me on.
- My sister LaTisha. I can remember playing with her as a small child, drifting apart somewhat as I turned into a teen, and then growing back together as adults. I am impressed that my sister was able to overcome all of her hardships, and become the beautiful woman she is today.
- My brother Kyle. As much as I couldn’t stand him as a teen (we’re 8 years apart) I now see how cool he really is. He amazes me with his guitar skills (real and on Guitar Hero!) with his artistic ability and how he can say the sweetest things when I least expect it.
- Jaron. I feel like as far as nephew’s come, I’ve hit the jackpot. I just love that kid. He’s smart, sweet and good looking too. He’s just a great kid all around.
- Ginger, our dog. She’s a cute little lhasapoo (lhasa apso/poodle mix) that just loves to play, give kisses and snuggle on the couch. Giving her a treat or throwing her rope is all it takes to get her love.
- Reality TV. What would I watch if it weren’t for Hell’s Kitchen, Survivor, So You Think You Can Dance, and Flipping Out?
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. I see another batch of these in my future.
- Handmade birthday cards. Store bought birthday cards. E-cards. E-mails wishing me a happy birthday. Facebook happy birthdays. Myspace happy birthdays.
- Fall soccer. I know this sounds like a stretch for me, but really I can’t imagine a fall without soccer. Watching my kids play always makes me proud.
- Hot chocolate. From Dunkin Donuts. With whipped cream on top.
- New sweatpants. In 3 colors. Blue, Black and Grey.
- Acting silly with the kids. Like dancing around the kitchen to Elvis songs or racing Landon to the bus stop in the morning.
- Taking pictures.
- Scrapbooking the photo’s I take and documenting all the big and little moments in our lives.
- My truck. Yeah, it has some issues, but it has been a good truck and I’ll miss it a little when we trade it in.
- Pedicures. I love a good pedicure.
- Broccoli and Cheese soup in homemade bread bowls. Yum.
- Going out with my husband, alone. We don’t have to go anywhere special, but it’s always nice to just have some me and him time. Even if it is at the grocery store.
- Kohl’s. Seriously, I love that store. I can always get exactly what I want or need there…which is also sometimes a problem! ;)
- New shoes. I HATE shoe shopping, but it’s always nice to have the right pair of shoes for whatever I’m wearing.
- Pazo. Tony and I have eaten there a couple times, and we always really enjoy their food as well as the atmosphere. It is a really cool restaurant!
- Sifting through old family photos.
- Watching homemade videos. But, only a little at a time, because they tend to make me cry.
- Going to the gym. I’m enjoying setting small goals for myself and then actually reaching them and making friends at the same time.
- Foot massages. My feel kill, especially after the gym.
- Computer games. Zuma, Sims 3 and those dumb games on facebook to name a few.
- Fall scented candles. Especially pumpkin and vanilla.
- New carpeting. My house just looks tons better.
- The leaves changing colors. Every day I seem to notice it just a bit more.
- Children’s Tylenol, Motrin and Dayquil. For the two sicko’s on the couch.
This may not be the most memorable or exciting birthday ever, but I do have a lot to be thankful for everyday.