Monday, November 9, 2009

Sad Day

Yesterday my Aunt Marty lost her battle with pancreatic cancer. I’m not exactly sure of the date of the official diagnosis but I remember it  wasn’t that long ago…only about 5 months, give or take a few weeks.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any specific memories of my aunt that don’t also involve a bunch of other family. Since we were a military family, we moved a lot and didn’t get to grow up amongst our cousins, aunts and uncles…but when we did go back, it was great!

The only thing is, I never got to know everyone individually…sometimes I only really got to know bits and pieces of each person. I knew who my aunts and uncles were, who their children were, and sometimes that’s as far as it got. Then, of course, I have some really close cousins…one’s I hung out with most when we visited and still keep up with even now as adults.

I don’t really know where I’m going with this post or what to say…

I guess I just want to document that although I didn’t know my aunt well, she still has a special place in my heart. I want to acknowledge that she was important to me, just because she was my mothers sister and a part of my family’s history.

She will be missed.

2 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Sorry to read about the loss of your Aunt. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with family. I know it is for me, it doesn't help that my dad is the baby of 15! I think scrapbooking makes us want to keep our history going. Hugs!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Angela. Pancreatic cancer is so aggressive. :-(

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...