Thursday, May 20, 2010

Memory Lane II

More reminiscing…

IMG_1053

6) We did many home improvement projects while living in this house, but we did more painting than anything. I’m almost positive that we painted every room in the house at least twice. I’m a terrible paint color picker outer, so I wasn’t ever happy with anything too long…but, we eventually got to colors we could actually live with and they’ve been there awhile now.

IMG_1044 IMG_1045

7) Living across the street from the community park was a good and bad thing. It was only bad when the teenagers decided to hang out there, but my kids had a lot of fun playing on the equipment…even though it was really lacking until this past year when they finally added swings and another climbing structure. As you can see from the photo’s above, you really don’t even need equipment, just a big rain puddle will do!

IMG_9245

8) When Tony, Zoe and I all moved into our first townhouse, we thought it would be fun to get a pet. We found out about a lady who had just had a litter of kittens, so off we went. Of all the kittens, one really stood out to us, and man was he a cutie. We ended up choosing him, and we named him Zeno. Zeno wasn’t always the friendliest cat, but he was ours…so we loved him despite his ornery nature, and bulimic tendencies. Sadly, he grew old and sick and passed away in 2008. Not one of our happy memories, but an important part of our history in this home.

IMG_2734

IMG_1933 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 IMG_1941

9) As a family we have spent countless hours making food and crafts together. I’ve always enjoyed doing crafty things with the kids and we have done tons of projects together. Cooking isn’t my thing, but I do love making some special treats when the holiday’s roll around.

CRW_6897_RJCRW_6907_RJDSCF0072IMG_5390 

10) Holidays. We have had some very memorable holiday moment’s here in this little house. Easter egg hunts in the yard. Shooting fireworks on the 4th of July with family and neighbors. Carving pumpkins and trick-or treating for Halloween. Opening gifts in the living room on Christmas morning. Fondue dinners to ring in the New Year.

It’s taken me all day to write this post. Mostly because I’ve been busy watching baby Lea, but also because it’s always hard for me to look through all those old pictures from when my kids were much younger!

2 comments:

BusyB said...

I love looking back at memories : ) Your kids seem really happy! Sorry to hear about your cat :(

ValAnn said...

It took all day to write, but is worth it. Awesome post... reminiscing is always bitter sweet. They grow so fast, life whirls past us and is out of our reach before we know it! Best of luck moving forward!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...