Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Memory Lane

Since we are down to the last few days here, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about the past 9 years and all the good times we’ve had in this little house. There are so many that I could never list them all, or even remember them all, but I feel the need to at least write down a few that are really standing out to me today.

Home003 

1) We have all kinds of photo’s of when we were building this house, and we were so excited about it and all the possibilities, that we would drive out here at least 4-5 times a week to see the changes. We would all get out of the car and explain what was what to Zoe, and let her run around while we looked at the poured concrete and boards that was slowly becoming our house. As you can see from the photo’s we were all pretty excited!

Land002 

2) We had only been in the house for about 1 month before I gave birth to Landon. It was tough getting things ready while I was so big and pregnant, but I loved every minute of it, especially the new addition to our family. 

11

3) I can still see Zoe learning to ride on 2 wheels out here on our then deserted streets. Tony spent a lot of time running up and back with her as she learned to keep her balance. She also mastered her roller skating skills along these streets…proud moments for a little 6 1/2 year old girl! Zoe was nervous about starting a new school, but one day while we were checking out one of the other houses being built a family pulled up into the driveway. We were a little embarrassed to be caught snooping around someone else’s unfinished home, but they became great neighbors, and Zoe and Theresa have been best friends ever since.

Ginger015

4) Bringing home our dog Ginger. I promised Zoe that we would get a dog as soon as we had a bigger yard, and when we moved into this house our yard more than doubled from the one we left at our previous townhouse. Our yard here isn’t even all that big, but it was a huge improvement from the one we left!

11 14

5) Birthday parties, cook-outs, water-balloon fights, slip and slides, water slides, moon bounces, you name it and it happened in our back yard. We put a patio in the summer after (I think) we moved in and we have had so many fun times out there. We even bought a little fire pit and used it often to makes smores or hot dogs. Landon had every birthday celebration out there until he turned 8 last year and wanted to try something new. Zoe had many friends come over to play in the back, whether it be in the snow or sunshine, it was always a good time.

This post is getting pretty long so I guess I’ll stop here…hopefully I’ll find time to post more soon!

2 comments:

BusyB said...

your Dog Ginger Is adorable!!!! what breed?

Angela V. said...

Thanks! She is a lhasa-poo. A lhasa-apso/poodle mix. And she's sweet as can be!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...