Wednesday, June 9, 2010

10

IMG_0963

I am nominating myself for worst wife of the decade award.

And, if it doesn’t exist, it should, and I should have the title.

Today marks 10 years that I’ve been married to the most awesomest man on the planet. There are many reasons why he is superior to all other husbands, but I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, so I’ll just let you wonder how your husband is failing you.

A few days ago Tony and I agreed not to buy anything for each other for our anniversary. We usually just celebrate by going out to dinner, so I figured that would be it, especially with us just moving into our house and all the craziness that has been going on around here.

But no.

No. Tony came home with a dozen beautiful red roses and a sweet card. I had nothing. Nothing to give him…not even a card. And I felt terrible. And stupid. And like a big loser.

And it only got worse.

As I walked back in the house after Lea was picked up this evening, Tony had another surprise for me. He had the video camera set up in the kitchen and when I started to question him, he pulled out a little box. And I freaked out.

I mean, I really freaked out. I was so overwhelmed with emotions (happiness, guilt, love) that I didn’t know how to react. Once I opened the box I was stunned to see what a gorgeous ring he had chosen for me.

Now everyone knows that I am an awful wife because while my husband went out and bought me the most beautiful ring, card and flowers, I got him nothing.

And I feel awful about it. And, next time we “agree” not to buy anything for each other, I’m not going to listen.

I am, however, going to be wearing that gorgeous piece of jewelry from now on…I just hope I don’t have to think about what a loser I am every time I slip it on.

P.S. By the time I thought about blogging tonight, it was too dark to get good pictures, but tomorrow I’ll try to get some pictures that show how beautiful everything is.

2 comments:

Diana Joy said...

Happy Anniversary to you...and you are not a terrible wife; your hubby just told you so with the gifts. Believe him!

Tony said...

The gifts are only materialistic and can never compare to what you have given every day for the past 10 years. You are a wonderful wife and an awesome mother, and you only need to continue giving us more years of the same love that you have given us over the past decade. Oh and you need expand that heart a little more to include the baby.

P.S. When our 20th anniversary is nearing and I tell you I am not getting you anything, don’t believe me.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...