Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ta-Da!

Here is the final curtain/shelf that we put up in our dining area:

 IMG_1751

IMG_1752

I am so thrilled with the way it all turned out! I ordered the curtains covering the sliding glass door and they ended up being a perfect match to the material my mom used to sew the other curtains. I chose some of my larger pieces of potter for the shelf up top, but I’m thinking it needs a little work…maybe some smaller pieces up front? I don’t know, but I’ll work on it.

It took my mom’s knowledge (she did something very similar in her last house and helped me to get all the pieces we needed to put it together) and Tony’s muscle (he did the cutting and stapling and hanging) and my determination (I painted the shelf and did a lot of directing) and I think it turned out beautifully!

I’m thinking that once the baby is born I may just try to sand that table down and give it a few coats of white paint…time will tell!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...