Friday, August 20, 2010

Harper’s Photo Update

It’s hard for me to believe that I’ve already made it over the one week mark since having Harper. I felt like my pregnancy was never going to end, and then WHAM!, it was over. Just like that.

I couldn’t even begin to post all the photo’s I’ve taken of him over the past 8 days, but I have a few I need to share:

Day 1:

IMG_1873

My sweet husband with our new sweet baby. This image is forever burned into my mind…Tony is such a great father and husband, and I am so incredibly lucky to have snagged him when I did. I wish I had captured more of the look on Tony’s face, which was a mixture of joy, peacefulness and adoration.

Day 2:

IMG_1912

My mom holding Harper. She was so thrilled to get to hold him, and I was so happy that she was able to be here, not only to stay with the kids while we were in the hospital, but also because there just isn’t anything better than sharing your child with your Mom.

Day 3:

IMG_1926

In these first few days of his life, Harper wasn’t much of an eater. We had to coax him to eat, and the only way we could get him to wake up was to strip him down naked. And, look how good that worked! It took some time, but he eventually woke up to eat!

Day 4:

IMG_1975

I was doing a photo shoot with the baby in some of his cute little outfits when the kids decided to get in the pictures and model along with him. I got some beautiful photo’s of the three of them, and these pictures remind me how lucky I am. These kids are everything to me.

Day 5:

IMG_2028

Those little baby feet. Aren’t they just adorable?

Day 6:

IMG_2053

Zoe’s friend came over and as she was holding him he clasped his hands together like this. I joked that it looked like he was praying she wouldn’t drop him!

Day 7:

IMG_2072

We don’t want him to get that flat head some babies get from lying on their back so often, so here he is getting in some much needed tummy time. He pretty much just looks for his fist to suck on the entire time he’s on his belly, but he’s oh so cute!

Day 8:

IMG_2083

So peaceful. We thought it was just too cute how he had placed one hand over the other…but then again, we pretty much think everything this little tyke does it cute! :)

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

He just seems so tiny! Adorable photos.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...