Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lighting up the Sunroom

One room of our house that gets used a bunch is the sunroom. The sunroom has become the place where homework is done, breakfast/lunch/dinner is eaten and board games are played.

The only thing we didn’t like about the sunroom was the lack of light. Not natural light obviously, but overhead light. During the summer when the sun was out until 9pm it wasn’t much of an issue, but now that the days are getting shorter, that room isn’t very usable past 6pm. We were even eating dinner by candlelight some nights!

We decided we couldn’t wait any longer and we called in an electrician to install a new fan and light. Since there wasn’t an existing light it was a lot of work, but the results are totally worth it!

IMG_2645

I chose an all white fan/light unit so that it would just blend into the surroundings. I didn’t want it to be a major focal point, and I think I achieved the look I was going for!

Tomorrow I have a guy coming out to give me an estimate on fixing all the drywall damage left behind:

IMG_2646

The work in this house seems endless!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...