Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Little Christmas House

I’m not sure if I’ve ever blogged about this little house, but if I have it’s been so long ago that I’ve forgotten, which means that I can blog about it again and not feel too bad about it.

Tony picked this little house up at a craft/hobby store several years ago. I think he picked it up about a month or so before Christmas that year, but as life got busy he only finished a small portion of the house. That little house sat around for quite awhile before he decided to work on it more. Over the next couple years Tony would get the urge to paint and would pull out the house and finally, last year, he finished it. It turned out great! I know that it’s hard to tell in the pictures how detailed it is, but you’ll just have to take my word for it!

Front View:

IMG_3292

Side View:

IMG_3293

Back View:

IMG_3294

Side View:

IMG_3295

I love how all the snowmen and animals are looking into the windows! And, just look at the walkway leading up top the doorways…that’s the detail I’m talking about! Also, how about the hoof prints on the roof? Or the way he painted the roof “shingles”? Pretty awesome, huh?

I’m really hoping that the painting urge will strike him again someday. I’d love to have a little village someday.

1 comment:

Tony said...

That's kind of funny, cause just yesterday Harper and I were looking at the some more of them house in Michaels, however they were not of the same scale, as the one above.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...