Monday, May 2, 2011

Harper’s First Haircut

Well, I finally did it. I finally brought Harper in to get a haircut. It was hard, but I knew it needed to be done when I could no longer see his eyes. Or his nose.

IMG_5677

I took him to the Hair Cuttery and we were taken back immediately. At only 8 months old, he’s just too little to sit in a seat by himself, so I brought Zoe along to hold on to him so that I could take pictures. She was a great sport about it even when he fidgeted the entire time.

IMG_5678

The stylist asked me what I wanted done, but I really didn’t have any idea. All I knew was I wanted to be able to see that sweet little baby face and I definitely wanted to get rid of the long hair in the back. (The back was getting really scraggly and just not so cute anymore.)

IMG_5681

So, she told me she would just give him a “typical” little boy haircut. Short on the sides and back, a little length on top. It sounded good to me, so I gave her the go ahead…and she went.

IMG_5683

And went…

IMG_5686

And went…and then Harper had had enough.

IMG_5688

So, I went and found him a blue lollipop.

IMG_5690

She was able to finish once he had that lollipop in his mouth, but he was drooling blue crap everywhere!

As much as I hated getting his haircut, I just love how he looks with it short. He looks a lot like Landon did at this age and I love that you can see those big beautiful eyes. Cutting his hair did make me sad though because it’s just another step in the whole growing up department, and I feel like it’s all just going so quickly. Ever since I got his hair cut I’ve been holding him a little extra and rocking him to sleep just a tad longer. Just trying to hold on to these baby days as long as possible.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...