Monday, May 30, 2011

Keeping Cool

Today was day two of insanely perfect pool weather. We spent another couple hours out there swimming our little hearts out, but it was close to 100 degrees today, so we didn’t make it an all day affair.

Harper got to try out his new floatie, and it is the best thing since sliced cheese! I just realized that I only got him one pair of swim trunks though, and I’ll have to remedy that right away.

IMG_6076

Landon’s buddy from school was able to come over to play in the pool today, and there just isn’t anything better than another kid your own age to swim with! They made up all kinds of games to play and just had a great time together.

IMG_6087

Zoe also had a friend over, but wouldn’t you know I forgot to get a picture of the two of them! Partly because they showed up later and partly because Harper had had enough of his floatie and was being a bit of a pill…but, next time we’re out there I’m making sure to get pictures of her too!

I did get a picture of Zoe today…

IMG_6072

I just happened to get one of her working hard on her homework. She’d been sitting at the table working on her notes for hours and it’s just something I want to always remember; her dedication to her school work is pretty remarkable. And, of course, her grades show it.

It’s going to be tough getting back into school/work mode tomorrow after having such a fun weekend, but we’ve only got a few weeks to go!!! I’m so ready!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...