Friday, August 19, 2011

Five on Friday

  1. This morning I took Zoe in for a consultation about having her wisdom teeth pulled. I found out that removing her wisdom teeth was going to be just as painful for my wallet as it would be for her mouth. $415.00 a tooth…plus anesthesia. Ouch. Thanks goodness for insurance or we’d have to pull them out here at home.

  2. Harper had his 12 month appointment earlier this week and he cried the entire time. As soon as the nurse came in to get his weight/height etc. he started bawling and continued until we were almost home. Talking to the doctor was near impossible and holding him for his (three) shots was heartbreaking. Along with the three shots they also pricked his finger to check his iron levels; it was not fun. He weighs 24 pounds and is 31 inches long and never wants to visit the doctor again.

  3. Landon finished his third book of the summer this week. He’s read The Maze of Bones (39 Clues, No.1), Because of Winn Dixie, and The Tale of Despereaux. He loved the last two and finished them in record time.

  4. Zoe and I had to brave the craziest thunderstorm yesterday on our way home from her soccer practice. I took the highway when I went to pick her up, but it was so congested and slow because of the rain that it took about 30 minutes to get to her school. So, on the way back, I decided to avoid the traffic and take back roads only to discover that they were all flooded! It was an intense drive home and I’ve decided that from now on, when it rains, to take the truck.

  5. For the first time ever, our elementary school had a meet and greet for the kids. We were able to go to the school and meet Landon’s new teacher as well as drop off the majority of his school supplies. We were happy to see that he will be in Mrs. Bell’s class (Zoe had her in 4th grade) but a little sad that none of his close friends will be in his class. We told him that it was just another opportunity to make new friends and that things would be fine. He doesn’t seem too worried about it and I think he’s really looking forward to starting school next week. I know Zoe can’t wait, and no, I’m not being sarcastic!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...