Friday, January 13, 2012

Five on Friday

  1. I woke up Tuesday morning with a nasty cold. Since I’m pregnant I take the no medicine thing very seriously, and thought maybe I could just deal with the congestion and headache. I was wrong. There’s something about having a cold and a toddler at the same time that isn’t conducive to just “dealing with it”. So, today, after 2 days of misery, I decided to call my doctor and see what meds I could take. As soon as Tony got home I ran to CVS and picked up a box of Sudafed. I might as well have saved my money and just continued to deal with it.
  2. Harper has slept through the night all but one night this week. It’s been really nice to wake up in the morning and not feel like a zombie. And, don’t worry, I’ve already knocked on wood, thrown salt over my shoulder, pinched myself and choreographed an interpretive dance about my fortune.
  3. The only way I can seem to get a shower in the morning these days is if I let Harper in with me. Without him taking a morning nap my morning alone time is gone so I’ve had to incorporate him into my shower time. Occasionally he won’t freak out and he’ll play with his toys in the bathroom while I shower, but 9 times out of 10 he screams and cries until I get him in there. He’s really good in there and just sits on the shower floor playing with whatever toy I bring in, but shaving my legs has become, well, interesting…
  4. It’s hard to believe that it’s already been a week since I went to my scrapbooking crop. I had such a good time despite missing my family. I don’t see getting to do anything like that for a very long time.
  5. Despite being sick, I went out to Babies R Us today to use my $25 in bonus bucks and I just happened to find the crib I ‘d like to get for the new baby. It’s very plain, just a small, white rectangle really…just what I want. I don’t want to go the route I did with Landon and Harper and get a ton of big furniture so I’ve decided this is what I want:
Babi Italia Eastside Island Single Crib - White - Babi Italia  - Babies"R"Us

And, it’s on sale, so I’m going to go pick it up tomorrow! Hard to believe I’m going to have two little one’s that’ll need their own cribs, but there you have it!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...