Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dakota’s Story, Part 3

I think the memory of waking up and seeing Tony standing next to the bed holding Dakota will be with me for a very long time. I was so happy and relieved to see them. I asked if she was okay, and how much she weighed and all those important questions and then asked what the hell had just happened.

Tony explained to me that Dakota’s heart rate was decreasing because she had the cord wrapped around her neck twice. All the pushing in the world wasn’t going to get her out of there safely, so they decided a c-section was the best option. I am so thankful I live in a place where we have the technology and knowledge to deal with events such as this.

So incredibly thankful.

011

2 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Wow! So happy that you both are doing well.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Angela! So happy for you and your family! Baby Dakota is gorgeous!!!

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...