Thursday, August 9, 2012

One Month

On August 2nd, our little Dakota turned a month old. It was like the longest and shortest month ever. Anyone with a newborn probably knows what I mean by that!

IMG_4413

Here’s her stats:

  • Weight: 9.04 lbs. (Thank goodness!!)
  • Length: 22.5 in.
  • Head Circumference: 39 cm.

Of course, at a mere one month there isn’t much to report on. She’s a terrific baby and very loved by all of us. She’s still just eating/sleeping and pooping her days away, but we are seeing lots of little smiles and funny faces on a daily basis. She isn’t a big fan of tummy time yet, but man can she lift her head! When we’re holding her with her body towards ours she likes to push her head back and stretch her neck, and then just stay that way. It cracks us up that she likes to see everything upside down!

At her one month appointment she had to get one shot and it was awful hearing that little girl cry out in pain. I just hate taking my babies to get vaccinations, but I have to remind myself that the shot is the lesser evil when compared to the disease she could contract without it.

Oh, and it’s a good thing I changed her so often in and out of those newborn clothes because she’s moved on to 0-3 months now! She’s just way too long for the newborn stuff and the newborn diapers are about to be history as well!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...