Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Catching Up

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted again. As usual, life has been busy and exhausting, therefore, the blog suffers.

At the moment, I have two sleeping babies, a very rare occurrence. So, I figured now was as good a time as any to post. 

First, the “boop boop” battle has ended. Harper did a terrific job, really. He had a few rough naps and nights getting to sleep, but other than that, it really wasn’t nearly as bad as I had feared. Once he went to sleep at night, he didn’t wake up asking for it…it was just the initial falling asleep that was hard for him. I’ve had to catch myself a few times telling him “let’s go upstairs and get your blankies and binky for naptime” but, luckily he’s just let it go. He never asks about it anymore and if he sees Dakota’s he isn’t fazed in the least. I’m proud of my big boy!

Also, in big boy news, Harper went pee pee on the potty before his bath last night! We’ve had a potty chair in the bathroom forever now, and he almost always sits on it before getting in the bath, but last night he actually went! I was shocked!! It actually deserves it’s own post…so, I’ll get to it.

Dakota has had a couple of crying episodes that may belong in the Guinness book of World Records, and I think she may be a touch colicky. My mom reminded me that when Zoe was an infant, she was a bit colicky, but I guess I blocked it because I sure don’t remember! The other night when she started her crying I remembered reading about turning on the vacuum to help soothe a colicky baby, and it certainly did the trick! I don’t know if it will ever work again, but I’ll have to remember to try it if we need to…and my carpets will get a much needed cleaning as well! Go me!

Landon had another soccer game this past Friday and they played even better this time than the last. I think with time, they are going to get better and better. Tony and Landon left ahead of the rest of us the night of the game, and when we got there they had already started. As we were unloading our chairs and whatnot, I was watching the kids and made the remark that whoever #14 was, he was really good! I looked all over the field for Landon (who the week before was wearing #2 jersey) but didn’t see him, and that’s when I realized Landon was wearing #14! He was on the opposite side of the field and it was dusk, so it was hard to tell it was him. They got their official uniforms this week, so that’s why his number changed.

Zoe was here this weekend, and she made a point to be back in time to go to Landon’s game. He was thrilled that she was there, but Harper just couldn’t get enough of her! He pretty much sat on her lap or hip the entire time. She didn’t seem to mind. :) It’s always nice for her to be here, she seems to really relish her time at home. She made the comment that when she’s gone it feels like forever, but once she gets home she feels like she’s never left. I think that is precisely how home should be for anyone. I know when I go to my parents house, wherever it may be, I am home. I always feel like it’s been an eternity since I’ve seen them, but once I’m there, it’s like I’ve always been there. It’s a good feeling, and one I’m happy Zoe has when she’s here. 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...