Monday, August 5, 2013

Just Another Monday

  • I was barely out of the shower when I head Dakota this morning. She’s definitely an early bird. She’s almost always up before 7am and sometimes even before 6. Today was no exception and she was awake and ready to play by 6:30. We did our usual morning stuff and she let me know (by grunting and reaching) what she want. She wanted a snack & drink and then she led me to the living room couch.She held up the remote and I turned on her favorite thing, the Disney Junior theme music. I don’t know what it is about that music, but she just loves it! She ate her goldfish, drank her water and happily watched that theme song over and over…silly girl!

2013-08-05 001 2013-08-05 002

  • Harper has always loved to watch the trash trucks when they come around and today Dakota wanted to watch too. We rushed to the windows and they both stood watching until the trucks were out of sight.

IMG_1594

  • The weather was exceptional today. It was just one of those days that made you feel guilty if you were indoors, so we spent the majority of ours outside. We played with the balls, blew bubbles, went on a walk, played with the little red car, ate popsicles…you know, summer stuff.

2013-08-05 002 2013-08-05 003

IMG_1608

IMG_1599

IMG_1617

IMG_1628

IMG_1596

  • Harper had a few rough moments today. I had to put him in time out at least twice that I remember. He’s just at that age, you know the age where he wants to see how much he can get away with…yeah, that age.  Anyway, the first time I put him in time out was because he hit Landon. He loves to hit Landon, probably because Landon loves to pick on him, but either way I’m really trying to squash the hitting thing. So, he did his two minutes, apologized, and life went on. Another thing Harps loves to do is use inappropriate language, namely the word “dammit”. He says it ALL. THE. TIME. Well, I warned him and warned him about it and told him if I heard it one more time he was going to time out…and I’d barely finished my sentence when he said it again. So, I brought him inside and he did his 2 minutes…and promised he wouldn’t say it again. We’ll see.

2013-08-05 002 2013-08-05 006

  • I don’t know if it’s the cooler temps this year or what, but we have a ton of butterflies around here. Huge butterflies, floating around, begging me to grab my camera and get their picture. Today, I obliged.

IMG_1601

2013-08-05 002 2013-08-05 009

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...