Monday, September 2, 2013

Off to Towson

The day after we got back from Alabama was Zoe’s move in day at school. I wanted to get up early and go but it sure didn’t work out that way. We ended up going to Costco right when they opened and then after unpacking that stuff, we loaded up my van and headed out to Towson; it was after 1pm when we finally got out of here. (Brandon followed us up in his car to give us a hand.) I was dreading dragging all of her stuff to her room and just as I started picking up bags, a girl came running up to me and told me that she and some other students would deliver her stuff to her room! Score! Zoe really didn’t have that much, but when it was up to just the three of us, it could have taken quite awhile.

2013-08-25 001 2013-08-25 004

She was really excited to have gotten housed in an area of the campus that had just been renovated, but once we got there and saw how small the room was, she questioned her choice. I have to admit that I too was a little surprised that this room was an “upgrade” from the towers that she stayed in last year…but, once we got the room rearranged, it wasn’t too bad. There aren’t any closets, but wardrobes instead and last year the girls had a bookshelf to share whereas this year there wasn’t one. The bathroom connects to a triple, so there are 5 girls sharing one bathroom…

2013-08-25 001 2013-08-25 002

She’s all moved in again for the year and within the first week of school she interviewed and got a job at a country club! I have mixed feelings about her working and going to school, but I guess it’s really up to her what she does at this point. I know she can handle it all, I just hate that she’ll never be home…just me being selfish, really. I sure am going to miss her.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...