Wednesday, May 28, 2014

How We Spent Memorial Day

Well, here I am again, playing catch up.Some days I’m just not meant to blog, I guess. But, now that I’m here, I suppose I’ll get you all caught up on how we spent Memorial Day. Winking smile

Since we’d been so incredibly busy the past few days, we decided to spend Memorial Day at home. Everyone was off work and school and it’s always nice to have a day to just hang out and drive one another crazy. The morning was spent playing with the little kids out on the deck while the big kids lazed around in the air conditioning with their phones/iPods.

IMG_0510

I was sitting in the gazebo, in the shade, and the little’s were happily going about their business pouring, stirring and transporting water from one thing to the other. I love when I get to just sit and watch them play.

After Dakota’s nap we headed for the pool. It’s been open since Saturday, but it had been way too chilly to even consider getting in. Monday though, with the temps in the low 90’s, it was time.

The older kids (Zoe, Landon, Brandon and two of Zoe’s friends, Jesse and Victor) headed down to the pool about an hour before we were able to. By the time we got there they were already out complaining that the water was too cold! I didn’t get a single picture! Darn it!

The baby pool wasn’t nearly as cold as the big pool though and Harper and Dakota were thrilled! Actually, the first time Dakota got in, she fell flat on her face and Tony had to grab her up really fast, but not before she’d gotten a big nose/mouth full. She was not a happy camper, poor thing.  After lots of coaxing and hand holding, she was ready to try again though and eventually she was doing it all by herself, no problemo!

IMG_0528

Tony ended up going home early to start dinner while I stayed at the pool with the kids. They really had a great time, but once Dakota got out and came over to me and said “EAT!” I knew it was time to call it a day.

We had hamburgers and grilled zucchini for dinner and Zoe and Brandon made dessert.

IMG_0529

They were delicious! I can’t remember the name of them, but I know it was a vegan recipe and everyone really liked them!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...