Wednesday, February 11, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge

I saw a reading challenge on Pinterest sometime in January and decided I’d give it a try this year. I asked my mom if she wanted to do it as well, and she accepted the challenge.

Here’s the list if you’re interested; or you can see the original post on ModernMrsDarcy.com:

2015-Reading-Challenge

A book that is currently on the bestseller list:

I just finished reading the book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and it was amazing! I didn’t think it was going to be something I’d like and I was hesitant to buy it, but now I am so glad I did! The life of Louis Zamperini was quite remarkable and I don’t know that there are many people like him in the world.

As much as I enjoyed the book, I’m hesitant to see the movie because…well, because I read the book! His life was not an easy one and I don’t know if I could stand to watch all the violence that he was subjected to while being held as a POW. Maybe someday…

A book my mom loves:

I’m onto my second book of the year now, Gone With The Wind. So far, I’m really enjoying it. I’ve thought about reading it before, but with more than 1000 pages, I just couldn’t bring myself to actually do it. I know many people who have read it and seldom have they read it once, so I’,m guessing it can’t be too bad! I’ll be sure to post about it once I’m done.

1 comment:

Carmen O. said...

I'm trying to remember if I read Gone with the Wind. It seems like I may have. I do remember reading Captains and the Kings and it was over 800 pages. I think I was 16 or 17 when I read it. Seems like a great challenge,hope you enjoy your books. Looking forward to your reviews.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...