Friday, May 27, 2016

Playing In the Sprinkler

It's finally hot here and the pools open tomorrow! I can't believe the change in weather from just a week ago when it was cold and rainy and we didn't think it was EVER going to get warm here!

Yesterday, when we got home from Dakota's awards ceremony, I let the kids put on their suits and run through the sprinkler. They were in HEAVEN!





After running through the sprinkler half a million times I moved it over to water the garden path area. The sprinkler ended up reaching the trampoline so they got to jump on the there while getting wet at the same time! It was genius and they must have jumped on that trampoline for a good half hour. Harper was loving all of it and while Dakota enjoyed it, she did what she could to not get too wet. I swear she had as much fun avoiding the water as Harper had getting wet. 

Harper yelled to me that he was a sprout and each time the water sprayed him he'd grow a little. So, he started sitting and then went to his knees and eventually stood up which is when I thought to get a picture of him being adorable. :)




When I finally made the executive decision to turn the water off they played in the sand box for a bit...and they made some mud too.


I am really looking forward to spending some time at the pool tomorrow and both kids kept asking me if it was really going to open tomorrow. They needed lots of reassurance! If you need us tomorrow, you'll have to come see us at the pool!





No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...