Thursday, July 28, 2016

Robinson Nature Center

Somehow, when I sat down at my desk last night, it never crossed my mind to blog. Usually, I sit here and make a decision to write or not, but last night, it never even occurred to me. I ended up sitting here working on a scrapbook page while watching episodes of The Good Wife on Amazon Prime. I guess I needed to zone out for a bit...

Yesterday morning we were out of the house and on the road by 8:30 am. My friend Lisa told me she and her boys were going to Robinson Nature Center for one of their Wednesday morning full dome movies. The movie was held in the planetarium and it was called The Little Star That Could. This was a cool new experience for the kids, watching a movie in a planetarium, and Harper loved it! Dakota didn't love it, but she did very well, only squiggling around in her seat a bit. I was thrilled when we were telling Landon about it later and both kids remembered so much of what they'd watched!

Going to the planetarium was the reason we went to the museum, but it was only one small part of our morning. There are lots of things to do out there and we had lots of fun.

We walked down the wildflower path:






Played in the "bee hive":




Had a wonderful time running around Nature Place:







Played in the Discovery Room:







And walked ran through the nature exhibit a few times:






We left around 11:30 and Harper told me he hadn't had enough time and didn't want to go. I loved that he'd enjoyed it so much and promised him a return trip. Dakota enjoyed herself too but she was hungry and could only think about lunch! 



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...