Thursday, June 29, 2017

Angelina Ballerina Ballet + Tap & Twirl


Dakota's summer dance classes began last night. She'll have classes every Wednesday evening from 6-7:30 pm. Back when we signed up she really wanted to try both types of dance so I thought it'd be a good idea to just do two back to back but now I'm not so sure it was a great idea. She did wonderfully the first class but about mid way through the second class she came out of the studio in tears.

She'd told the teacher she needed to use the restroom (which she did) but then told me she didn't want to go back in because they were doing the exact same thing they'd done in the first session. If I had known that both classes were going to do ballet AND tap, I wouldn't have signed her up for both but it's a bit too late now since I paid long ago and she's already begun. I honestly think the bigger problem for her is the time of the class. She's an early riser (she barely sleeps to 7 am) and she's flat exhausted by 7 pm most nights. Yesterday she played all day, went swimming, went shopping with me, and then had dance; I think it was just too much.


I'm really hoping that she'll be able to stick it out for the summer and be happy because I'd like her to continue in the fall with their Primary Combo I class. I guess we will see what happens...

This first video is of the Angelina Ballerina class:


And, this video is a bit of the Tap & Twirl:



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...