Friday, October 20, 2017

Time for the Tooth Fairy

So, Harper FINALLY lost his first tooth. It seems that he's a bit later than most kids but I wasn't worried since I've never met an adult with a full set of baby teeth. :)


That evening, as we were putting his tiny little tooth under his pillow he asked me if the tooth fairy was even real. I asked him what made him think she wasn't real and he said that he found it hard to believe that a little fairy would come in his room and take his tooth while he slept. I really couldn't think of an answer for that and while I was trying to think of a way to answer he went on to say that he thought it was weird that Santa and the Easter Bunny only came out at night and no one ever got to see them either. He said "it's all kind of creepy, really". 

Of course he's right. It is creepy to think that some random person/animal/fairy comes into your home while you're sleeping to leave you a gift. But I wish he could have lost just one tooth before questioning the fairy's authenticity. I never did really give him an answer about the tooth fairy, but he's already got another loose tooth so I'm sure it'll come up again. (He got two bucks for his first tooth!) 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...