Saturday, April 21, 2018

From the Backpack

Dakota came home with this gorgeous art yesterday:


This girl loves art and I feel like it really shows. 

Harper had this in his bag yesterday:


While he doesn't love art, he does his best and I thought this turned out pretty good. I love how the G looks like a covered wagon! 

Reports cards also came out yesterday. Harper was the only one to bring one home though because Landon was on a field trip to Six Flags with his physics class and never got his and Dakota doesn't get one this time round because Kindergarten only gets two a year. 

Harper's report card is stellar but it's really the teachers comments at the bottom that made me proud!


It reads: Harper is a clever and delightful child and I really enjoy having him in class. His math and reading skills are equally strong! He is a persistently dedicated worker when completing his work, especially writing. He seeks new ways to solve and create while learning. He is currently reading above grade level! His current level is R. He needs to be sure to check over his work for correctness. I appreciate what he brings to the class! 

I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful it is to read that about my child! I mean, I know Harper is special and amazing and a hard worker but it is so refreshing to hear that from another person unrelated to him! I really appreciate that his teacher sees his value and uniqueness.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...