Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Mermaid Lemonade Stand Birthday Party

On July 1st we celebrated Dakota's 6th birthday. She wanted a "mermaid lemonade stand" birthday party so I did my best to make that happen. We had her party at our neighborhood pool and I set up a little table where she could serve lemonade to her guests.


Aside from swimming I had a little table set up where the kids could decorate a treasure box. The painted box filled with treasure doubled as their "goody bag".



I did a really simple food table; Sea Dogs (hot dogs), Goldfish (goldfish crackers), Beach Balls (cheese balls), Seaweed (green grapes on bamboo skewers) and Seashell Pasta Salad. Of course there was also lemonade and a special mermaid punch.


The lemonade stand was hands down Dakota's favorite part of the party. She stood behind her table giving out drinks until I made her go swim with her friends. She just loved being in charge of that little drink stand and is already asking when she can do it again. Next time she plans on charging everyone for their drinks though!





She was so embarrassed when we all (very loudly) sang happy birthday! She kind of sunk into her chair and looked at us like we were crazy. 





Another fun birthday party is in the books. I say it every year but I just cannot believe my baby is another year older! Six is so big!!! I'm looking forward to another wonderful year with this amazing little girl! 







No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...