Saturday, September 29, 2018

Home Sense

We just got a new store in our area called Home Sense. It's a part of the Home Goods family of stores and when you walk in, you know it immediately. It is set up pretty much the same way but is much larger and has a much larger selection of lighting and furniture than your typical Home Goods.

The thing with these types of stores is you might go in with something in mind but their selection is so vast and unique you just never know what you're going home with! It's a good and bad thing, of course. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I just wanted to see what the new store was like and that might be the worst kind of shopping their is! Nevertheless, I didn't leave empty handed.

I grabbed this 8x11 baking dish for $9.99. I have a couple nice 13x9 size baking dishes but had nothing smaller so this felt like a nice addition. It is good in the microwave and dishwasher but can only be in the oven up to temps of 350...something I need to keep in mind when using it.


I burn candles almost nightly in our house and I have a few things out right now that use tea lights so I picked up these scented tea lights. the scented tea lights at Yankee run about $10 for 12 candles so this 12 pack at $4.99 was a good deal! I haven't burned any yet to see if the fragrance is as strong as Yankee, but they sure smell good in the package!


There is a section near the candles with a bunch of smelly soaps and I happened to pick one up to see how it smelled and ended up with 5 in my basket. They are highly fragranced and not exactly cheap at about $4 a bar, but I just couldn't resist! My two favorites are the Lemon and Lavender scents. I've got the lemon bar in the shower now and it absolutely smells amazing! When I first put it in the shower I told Tony it was mine and not to use it. He teased me by saying he was going straight to the shower to use it and round all the straight edges before I could! The next day when I used it (first) I had to laugh about the silliness of caring about using a bar of soap first! 


As I was in line I found this mug and had to have it too. You can't tell from this photo but it's much bigger than a standard coffee mug and I thought it'd be perfect for the hot chocolate I love to drink at night. Unfortunately, when I got home and washed it, I realized it has a crack running from top to bottom on one side. :( If I hadn't pulled the sticker off with the price tag I would return it. Since I can't return it maybe it'll just become a pencil holder or something. Thankfully it didn't cost much ($3.99) or I'd be a little more upset about it. 



Mema was out with me that morning and she got herself a few things as well. She found a really cute little Halloween candle burner but decided that she didn't have room for it and ended up giving it to me instead! It's a bear dressed up as a ghost but for some reason reminds me of the ghost of Christmas past...I'm not sure why; maybe the hat?





No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...