Thursday, December 6, 2018

Annapolis Chocolate Binge Fest

Sunday morning the kids went racing downstairs to find Peppermint. She was sitting on the table in the living room with a little sign that read: "Let's Take an Elfie" as well as a few elf sized props.



Dakota enjoyed using the props and was extra careful not to touch Peppermint so that she didn't lose her magic. I asked Harper if he wanted to take an "elfie" with Peppermint but he declined. 


We had a few hours to just hang around the house before we had to leave for the Annapolis Chocolate Binge Festival that I had purchased tickets to. An ad for the event kept popping up on Facebook and since tickets were only $5 per person I thought it might be a fun event. 


We got there right as it opened at noon and it was already incredibly busy. There were vendors set up back to back up and down the street and by 12:30 it was just an absolute wall of people. For adults this isn't a huge deal but with kids it's a little nerve wracking. I mean, I had trouble finding people when we became separated and I was terrified we were going to lose a kid in the hoard. The mass of people also made it next to impossible to look at the items the vendors had out which really took away from the fun of the event.

When we arrived we were given tickets for a free cup of hot cocoa which was awesome because it was quite chilly out. But, the line for the hot chocolate was extremely long and the "cup" you got at the end was teensy. I'm guessing it was about 1/2 a cup of hot cocoa in that tiny little cup. 

While in line for the hot chocolate we were standing next to the Medieval Times tent and Dakota asked to have her picture taken with the princess...


The only thing I ended up buying there that day were some cake pops. They were WAY overpriced at $3 for 1 or $5 for 2, but how the hell do you go to a chocolate festival and not eat even a single piece of chocolate? (I totally would have bought more if I'd have been able to get closer to any of the products but it was seriously overcrowded.) I ended up buying 4 pops, one for each of my four kids. (I didn't get a pic of Landon because he ate the whole thing in one bite!)

Anytime I try to get a picture of this girl these days I get some silly face! She loved her pop!




It wasn't long after the cake pops that we ended up leaving. It was just too crowded to fully enjoy and the kids were bored. While I didn't hate the fest I would definitely recommend going without the kids. 



Later that evening we all gathered at Mema's house for dinner. Since it was Zoe's birthday weekend Mema made some of Zoe's favorites (beef brisket, mashed potatoes) and we brought the GINORMOUS chocolate cake she requested from Costco.





No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...