Saturday, September 29, 2018

Dakota's Birthday Album, 5th and 6th Parties

I'm so happy to be caught up on the two youngest kids birthday albums! I need to see where I left off on Landon's but I think his is relatively close to being caught up...or at least I'm hoping it is!

Dakota had a "ballerina" birthday party for her 5th birthday. It was a fun little party in which her favorite part was probably playing Duck, Duck Goose and Mother May I in the backyard with her friends.


I wanted to include lots of pictures on this layout just because there were so many good ones to choose from but since these pages are only 8 1/2 x 11 instead of the regular 12 x 12, I didn't have a lot of room left for embellishing. I thought the little candles were a nice touch at the sides of the larger picture and using a punch along the bottom of the pages gave it a little added flair...just don't pay any mind to the fact that accidentally used two different punches! I thought about starting this whole thing over because of that little accident but ultimately decided to let it be. 



This year's party was "Mermaid Lemonade Stand". It was basically a pool party with the added fun of a lemonade stand. Dakota pretty much stood at that little lemonade stand for her entire party handing out lemonades and mermaid punch as she chatted with her friends. The only thing that would've made it better would have been if I'd let her collect money for the lemonade, haha!


Again, I wanted to use lots of photo's so there wasn't a ton of room for anything else. I did manage to add a bunch of die cut seashells and starfish as accents though and it felt like enough. 




No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...