Friday, November 30, 2018

Driving to South Carolina

The Saturday before Thanksgiving we spent in the van on the way to my parents house in South Carolina. I was absolutely dreading the drive down but looking forward to being down there for awhile at the same time. It ended up being a pretty decent drive with no traffic and fairly decent behavior in the backseat.

We stopped at a Wendy's for lunch and Dakota enjoyed playing with the disguise kit that came in her kids meal. It kept her happy a lot longer than I would have ever imagined!



We saw this unusual sight as we drove down:


It's not every day you see a helicopter being pulled down the highway! 

We ended up getting to my parents house around 5 pm and man were we happy to see everyone (and get out of the van)! We quickly unloaded and then sat down for dinner and a little catching up. We'd barely cleaned up the table before Tony was pulling out the puzzle we'd brought down to work on. 


With the drive behind us it was great to sit and relax while the kids had fun playing with the dogs. 






No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...