Friday, November 30, 2018

Thanksgiving Week, Day 2

The kids were up bright and early Sunday morning and lucky for me, Tony got up with them. The kids watched a little tv, played with the dogs and Kota got her book out to read to Meme and Papa a little. They were amazed at how well she could read! She loves Simone Biles right now and couldn't wait to read that page to them so they could know all about her too.


It was a nice slow morning and we didn't really have much planned other than driving over to Kyle's house to meet his new dog Bella and hang out a little bit. He lives on about 10 acres of land so there's much to see and tons of woods to explore...too bad it was super muddy from all the rain or we might have walked around the property a little bit.


My brother has two dogs, Dutch and Bella. They were both pretty excited to see us when we got there and kept running up and down the fence barking and jumping which just scared the crap out of Harper. He is super timid around dogs although he absolutely loves them. Dakota, on the other hand, isn't really afraid of them at all and also loves them. It took awhile but finally, after the dogs wore themselves out a bit, Harper was ready to play with them. Both kids really loved throwing the balls for the dogs and all four of them were worn out by the time we left!


My dad and Landon were hanging out chatting on Kyle's front porch. His house is such a cool little log cabin surrounded by quiet, colorful trees. Nothing like where I live for sure!







We headed back to my parents house after about an hour and a half or so and then Kyle and his two pups came over at dinner time. My sister had to work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so we didn't see her again until Wednesday. So, my mom hates to cook and my parents mostly eat out but while we were there she and my dad were quite a team making dinner at night. I was quite shocked to see my dad in the kitchen cooking (even taking initiative!) but it made me really proud of him too. It's not something he's ever really done so I was happy to see him not only helping, but taking the lead.



Sometime before dinner Jaron showed up but after dinner it was just plain craziness. 

I'm not sure if Dutch thinks he's much smaller than he actually is or if he just doesn't care! He would climb up on anyone's lap if they were still enough!



In the following video you will see SEVEN dogs (2 for Kyle, 3 for Mom and Dad, 2 for LaTisha and Jaron as they had to put Bruno down only days before we got there) and eight people. It was a madhouse. A crazy, fun, unusual, madhouse.


This is Charlie, the biggest love bug of them all. I mean, seriously. Look at that sweet face!




When your grandma wants to hold you you're gonna get held. That's it.









No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...