Friday, November 30, 2018

Needle Felting

Since my brother moved out my parents have a lot of unused space in their house. So, my mom, who has always wanted a nice big craft room, converted my brother's old bedroom into her new area. 

We couldn't wait to go down into her craft room each night to "play" with all of her stuff! I helped her set up her brand new Cricut Maker and then somehow she introduced me to needle felting. She had a few kits she'd picked up awhile back and she demonstrated how it worked and that was it...

You get a piece of printed felt and using a very sharp needle and some colored wool roving, you repeatedly "stab" the roving into the design. It was super relaxing and simple to do! 


So easy, in fact, that Dakota came down to give it a try as well. We didn't have a third printed piece of felt though so she got to use a cookie cutter and she just filled her shape in with different colors of roving. Simple, simple, simple.



While it is an easy project it does still take some time to fill in each section and not have any white showing through. This is what I ended up finishing on the first night. (Spoiler alert: it took me a couple of days but I did finish the entire piece while I was there!) 






No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...